Summary of the project:
The “Volunteering for environmental education” project is a follow-up of another volunteering project implemented by FCASEC in the Dragasani’s community between 13.03.2017 and 12.03.2018 (see: www.greenlife.atrv.eu). This project was attended by 6 volunteers who have implemented voluntary activities specific to environmental education, environmental protection, and promotion of outdoor exercise.
The project addresses to a current issue of young people from the Dragasani’s community and the rural communities around Dragasani: the lack of involvement of young people in the democratic life of the local community, their lack of involvement in volunteering activities, lack of attitude towards environmental protection and demotivation to continue the necessary school studies that are required.
The main challenge of this project is the implementation of volunteering activities under the "Second chance" program, a program attended by the young people from Roma communities, young people who have never been to school or who have dropped out of their studies.
Role and tasks of volunteers:
- Attending the on arrival training session and the mid term evaluation session
- Specific activities within an info point on ecological education and environmental protection in Dragasani. Through this info point, the European Voluntary Service, the Erasmus + program and the promotion of ecology and environmental protection will be popularized.
- Greening the Dragasani city and the villages around this city. Every week we will organize a greening activity of Olt river, of the districts inhabited by the Roma, of the Dragasani city and of the villages: Lungesti, Fumureni, Stefanesti, Dobrusa. In this activity, the volunteers will participate alongside Romanian volunteers and the local public authorities mentioned above. During this activity, open dialogues with the members of the local community will be initiated and interviews on environmental topics will be conducted with the citizens of these localities.
- The implementation of sport activities within the "Dragaciclism" cycling club (sports competitions, outdoor exercises, hiking on the Dragasani hills).
- Workshops on intercultural education, active participation, knowledge of citizens’ rights and participation in the European Parliament elections within the "second chance" program
- Street animation regarding the awareness of the local community in order to protect the environment, as well as active participation in the democratic life of local communities.
- Media campaign "Say no to the plastic bags".
- Fundraising exhibition of recyclable materials made within open-door workshops.
The volunteers will work 6 hours / day from Monday to Friday. Their schedule will be organized as follow:
9.00.10.00: preparing the activity.
13.00-14.00: Lunch break.
The volunteers will have 2 days off every month, will have days off according to Romanian legislation and will have holidays according to the university year 2019-2020
The volunteers will be accommodated in three apartments rented by FCASEC in Dragasani city at “Bratianu”hostel The apartments are equipped with central heating, water, TV cable and internet. There a 2 kitchen fully equipped. Each apartament has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom.Totally will be 6 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms for 8 volunteers and 1 big room as common space.
To feed, the volunteers will receive a fixed amount at the beginning of each month, amount which will allow them to buy aliments and cook themselves. Also at the beginning of the month, all volunteers will receive a fixed allowance (pocket money). The local transport will be provided free of charge for the entire EVS period by FCASEC.
The volunteers will have 8 free travel tickets per month from Dragasani city to Ramnicu Valcea city(the capital of Valcea county).
The volunteers will receive monthly 190 euro (60 euro as pocket money + 130 euro money for food).
BEFORE 4 WEEKS OF THE START OF THE EVS STAGE, IT WILL BE SIGN A MOBILITY CONTRACT WITH EACH VOLUNTEERS AND A LEARNING PLAN WITH EACH VOLUNTEER.
SELECTION OF VOLUNTEERS:
- Young people between 18-30 years old
- Boys and girls in equal number
- Young people ready to spent 1 year volunteer in Romania.
The deadline for finish the selection of volunteers is 22 December 2018.
Validation of the EVS stage:
Volunteers involved in this project will be awarded with a Youthpass certificate at the end of this EVS stage, which will describe and validate the experience of non-formal and informal learning acquired by each volunteer during their EVS stage period. The Youthpass certificate will be considered a process of awareness, reflection and documentation of learning during the different stages of the project.
1. Geography and climate:
Drăgășani is a city in Vâlcea County, Romania, near the right bank of the Olt river, and on the railway between Caracal and Râmnicu Vâlcea. The city is well known for the vineyardson the neighboring hills that produce some of the best Wallachian wines
The climate of Dragasani is temperate-continental with average temperatures of 10 to 11°C. The multi-annual average of rainfall is around 700 to 800 l/mp, and there are about 90 to 100 days of hard frost annually.
The town is situated at 220 km north-west of Bucharest (the Romanian capital).
Places for EVS STAGE:
Links to other projects: